Guidelines at SwimWest Swim School
While we always try to be flexible and accommodate your family’s needs, we have some guidelines that we would like everyone to please follow.
For your convenience, SwimWest offers quarterly and monthly payment options. SwimWest reserves the right to charge balances on the first day of the month. Registrations will not be accepted without a deposit. SwimWest Swim School accepts cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover.
SwimWest Swim School does not issue refunds for any of its programs. All unused funds paid to SwimWest Swim School shall become credit for future use toward additional swimming lessons, memberships, or retail purchases. This includes medical reasons, moving, or missed lessons.
Our westside location of SwimWest will still hold lessons during rain and thunderstorms because there are no outside windows. Our Fitchburg location has several windows in the pool area and must suspend lessons during cloud-to-ground lightning, but lessons usually resume within a short amount of time. We will extend your lesson time or offer a make-up lesson if this happens.
During bad snowstorms, we will make a decision on whether or not to hold classes. All lessons will depend on driving conditions. If you feel it is not safe to come to lessons, we can issue a one-time Family Swim Pass for your missed lesson. We will cancel classes via email, voicemail, Facebook, and our website. Since we cannot control the weather, SwimWest cannot guarantee make up lessons for inclement weather.
All absences must be reported to SwimWest ahead of the missed class to qualify for a makeup lesson. When we are aware of absence ahead of time, we can offer more availability to families for scheduling makeups.
If you are eligible for a make-up lesson, you must complete it within 30 days of the absence. You are allowed one make-up per month and they can be done at either location.
Due to our rapidly changing enrollment, we can only schedule makeup lessons one day ahead of the scheduled makeup class. Calling the day before you wish to schedule your makeup lesson or the day of, ensures you will be offered the most current availability and will greatly reduce the chance your makeup lesson might need to be rescheduled due to a new enrollment.
An unexcused absences is when you failed to notify SwimWest before the absence occurred. All unexcused absences will be eligible for a family swim pass.
Excused absences, if preferred are welcome to receive a family swim pass instead of a makeup lesson.
Makeup lessons are not guaranteed, but are based on availability. We encourage you to attend lessons regularly to encourage your child’s progress.
Refer a Friend and Earn Splash Cash
If you are a current or former client of SwimWest and you refer a NEW family to attend 3 months of swim lessons, you will earn $50 in Splash Cash! Just make sure your friend mentions your name upon booking, and you will earn your bonus upon the completion of the referred family’s 3 months!
*Please note we cannot grant Splash Cash if your name is not mentioned upon booking*
Splash Cash is a certificate valid for swimming lessons, retail items or punch passes.
Return Check Policy
If a check is returned for any reason a $25.00 fee will be added to your balance. Once notified, payment is due immediately. Non-payment will result in your registration being cancelled.
If your lesson falls on a holiday on which SwimWest is closed, your lesson price will be prorated. This will help to reduce the overall number of makeup lessons. SwimWest is closed for the following holidays: Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, the evening of Halloween, and Thanksgiving Weekend (Thursday through Sunday).
- Parents must remain on SwimWest Swim School premises at all times. Parents are to wait in the Observation Room or on the pool deck. Children may not be left unattended before, during, or after their swim lesson.
- All children are required to wear a swim cap during swim lessons, with the exception of those enrolled in the Parent-Tot classes. We recommend practice by wearing the cap and goggles in the bathtub to help the child become comfortable wearing them.
- All swimmers, regardless of age, must wear swimsuits.
- Remove all Band-Aids. We recommend using liquid band-aid. Please be considerate and use discretion with wounds that have not healed sufficiently.
- Children who are not completely toilet trained must wear 2 reusable swim diapers. Disposable swim diapers are not allowed in our pool. Cloth swim diapers are available in our lobby swim shop. Please have older children use the restroom before their class begins. To avoid spreading the illness any further please wait until your child is better before bringing them to class. If your child has a fever or a contagious disease, please stay at home until the illness has subsided. If you are unsure, please consult your doctor for the proper course of action.
- No food or drink is permitted on the pool deck.
- Do not let your children enter the pool until the class is scheduled to begin. This is for their safety, and for the safety of the other children in lessons.
- Please allow swimmers finishing their classes to exit the pool and wait for the instructor before putting your child into the water.
- Please use assigned changing areas or dressing rooms in the facility to dress and redress after class. We ask that children over the age of 5 use their same-gender locker room. We have family changing areas throughout the facility for the swimmers to use.