Dear SwimWest Families,
GREAT NEWS! Following the guidelines of government officials, we are happy to announce that SwimWest plans to welcome back students on June 8th for Summer lessons!
We are excited to get back to doing what we love to do and seeing all of our swimmers in the pool again! The SwimWest team is working behind the scenes to provide a clean and healthy experience for our swimmers, parents, and our team members.
What will not change:
- We will still have our passion for making children safer around the water.
- We will still have our proven curriculum and advancement through levels as swimmers’ skills progress.
- We will still have our high energy, fun atmosphere with nurturing, dedicated SwimWest instructors.
- We will continue to keep our pool water clean with a combination of chlorine and UV light filtration.
- We will continue our commitment to sharing our water safety message throughout the community in an effort to reduce drowning.
What will change:
We will be implementing temporary measures to help provide cleaner and safer swim lessons. This includes many measures to reduce the number of people in the facility at one time.
- We ask that families enter the building no more than 5 minutes before their child’s lesson begins.
- Only one adult per swimmer in the building. (An exception: Parent-tot swimmers can bring 2 adults if necessary.)
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering the building. SwimWest will have sanitizer available but when possible please bring your own since supplies are limited.
- Do not enter the building if you or anyone in your household has a fever or other COVID symptoms.
- We ask that parents wear a face mask into the building to reduce the spread of germs.
- We have created foot traffic flow patterns with in and out doors and spaced seating to encourage physical distancing. Please follow the signs and arrows posted throughout the building.
- Changing rooms will be reserved for swimmers who wear a swim diaper and parent-tot parents. All other swimmers should arrive in their swimsuits and leave in their swimsuits.
- No food or drink other than water inside the building. Our drinking fountain will not be available but bring your water bottle. We now have a touchless water bottle refill station at both locations!
- Outdoor seating will be available at both locations or bring a lawn chair to relax in. (Doesn’t that sound wonderful?!)
- Staff will have their temperature taken upon arriving at the facility.
- Staff will be cleaning the facility throughout the day, especially frequently touched surfaces.
- Clear face shields will be worn by instructors during lessons.
- Instructors will not have caps or goggles to share. Please bring your own. They are also available to purchase at the front desk.
- We will have fewer classes going on at one time plus class size will be reduced with most classes at 3, parent-tot limited to 4, and upper levels at West Madison capped at 6.
- Special option for summer: Family private lessons (details below)
- Classes will end 5 minutes early to allow time for swimmers to leave the pool area and time for staff to wipe down surfaces between classes.
- If you need to miss a class, please call or email in your absence. We will record your absence and mark you eligible for a makeup class. We will not be scheduling makeup classes for at least the first part of summer to keep our classes small and consistent. Makeup expiration dates will be extended until at least December 2020.
Watch for a video showcasing some of these features next week!
Summer Lesson Options
Summer lessons are scheduled to run June 8 – August 30. (please note the extended end date on Summer lessons)
NEW! Family Private Lessons for Summer: We will be offering individual private lessons and family private lessons for the summer. Classes will be 25 minutes long. 1-4 swimmers of similar level from the same family in the same class. Contact customer service for pricing and availability.
Everyday for Two Week Lessons: Our Fitchburg location offers everyday for two week Monday-Friday morning classes to give your swimmers a boost! We have openings in levels Little Snapper through Manatee. These are not available for online registration so contact customer service for availability.
Regular group lessons: Classes will be 25 minutes except upper levels at West Madison which will be 40 minutes. We have capped lessons at 4 for Parent-Tot, 6 for upper levels at West Madison (using 2 lanes), and 3 for all other group lessons. You can register online using the links below or by contacting customer service.
Plus, School Year 20-21 Registration is NOW OPEN!!
These lessons begin August 31. Register using the links below or by contacting SwimWest.
Want to register or make a change?
To view your current or past enrollment:
You can look at options using the registration links above then call or email with the class you want to transfer into.
To remove an enrollment:
We’re here to help!
If you have questions, need any assistance, or just want to talk with a friendly SwimWest team member, email or give us a call. We are ready to take your calls Monday – Friday 9am-5pm (closed the Monday of Memorial Day).