SwimWest Swim School is a Year-Round, Child Friendly Aquatic Safety Program in the Madison and Fitchburg area. Our pool water is a warm 90 degrees and the air temperature is 92 degrees to keep our swimmers warm in and out of the water. For over 30 years, our local, family owned and operated business has provided a top quality, internationally recognized, Learn-to-Swim Program to thousands of children and adult swimmers. Our swim lessons build confidence, teach water safety skills, and allow children to build physical, social and mental benefits for a lifetime of fun. Visit our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
PLAY. BE ACTIVE. UNPLUG.
While keeping health and safety in mind, we have developed additional programs for fall. We have added half and full-day camps, family swim times and much more.
Kids enrolled in virtual school? A swim lesson can be counted as a gym class! Call us or register online today to secure your spot in one or more of our additional programs.
Swim & Recess Class
$5 extra per swim lesson. All levels.
Kids need a break from school, join us for a fun recess in the pool. A 25 minute swim lesson followed by 15 minutes of in-water play with an instructor. We have a limited number of recess classes scattered throughout the week at both of our locations.
Billing will charge on the first of the month.
Swim and Recess:
- How long does it last?
- Swim Lesson 25 minutes and the recess is 15 minutes right after your child’s lesson
- How much does it cost?
- It is only $5 more than the normal lesson!
- Can all my children swim together or do they have to stay with the children from their lesson?
- The recess will just be for the kids in that class and they will stay in their designated area.
- Will social distancing be enforced?
- As always, we will do our best to social distance as they play
- Can I use a make-up instead of paying the extra amount?
- Yes, makeups can also be used as an open swim or a regular class
- Do I have to commit to every week?
- Yes, this is just like other swimming lessons.
- Can I swim with my child?
- Parent-Tot parents and Little Snapper parents (if they would like to) can swim with their child. All other levels will play with their instructor during the last 15 minutes.
- Will this be offered for every level?
- Yes we will be offering this to every level.
- Do you offer drop in/last minute sign up options? If not, how far in advance do I have to sign up?
- Recess classes are registered for like normal lessons. If there is an opening in the recess class you may enroll your child in that class.
- How do I sign up?
- You register for the class just like any other lesson. You can register at the front desk of either SwimWest location, over the phone or online.
- What happens if we miss a class with a scheduled recess?
- You will have a regular makeup on your account that you can schedule a makeup just like regular swimming lessons. We cannot guarantee you will get into a recess class.
Fitchburg Family Splash and Play!
$25 per reservation
Kids need to move their bodies during the day so come for Family Splash and Play!
Reserve a section of the pool for your family (and maybe a few friends that you have invited and have been social distancing with). Parent supervision required at all times. Registration is required. (Passes, punch cards, makeup lessons, and memberships are not accepted for this program.)
At our Fitchburg location, choose between Shallow End, Middle of Pool, or Far End of the pool for 50 minutes.
Up to 8 swimmers per reservation.
- How much does it cost?
- $25 payment will be collected at the time of registration of booking
- How many people can be in our group?
- Up to 8 people in one group at the Fitchburg location
- Can people outside our household come for that price?
- Yes, this is your space that you reserved.
- How long does the splash time last?
- 50 minutes
- How far in advance can I sign up?
- You can sign up as early as now or if there is room you can sign up the same day.
- What is the cancelation policy?
- We cannot offer refunds for booked spots. No refund will be given
- Can I use a makeup for the splash and play?
- No, you may no use makeups
Fitchburg Drop Off Study Break on Wednesday afternoon
$32 per afternoon. Ages 5-13.
Our American Camp Association certified counselor Nikki will be leading a group of 8 campers from 12:30 to 3:15 every Wednesday. (Drop off 12:15-12:30, pick up 3:15-3:30.) This is a great time to get your errands done, while we tire them out with fun programming such as arts and crafts, STEM projects, movement and yoga.
Each week, we will have a different hands-on project incorporating Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Math. All project materials provided.
Arts and Crafts:
Each week, we will have a different craft project. All project materials provided.
With only 8 limited spots, we ask that you reserve your spot for at least 4 weeks.
Register by contacting the front desk or online through the parent portal: select Find Classes, add filters Location: SF and Session: SwimWest Fall Camp 2020. The first week’s tuition will be due upon registration.
- How much does it cost?
- $32 per child,
- Is there a discount for multiple children?
- No discount
- What is the time of the drop off?
- Parent drop off will start at 12:15-12:30 pm and end at 3:15-3:30pm
- What ages of children can participate?
- Kindergarten (5 years old) to 13 years old
- How many kids can attend?
- 8 children can attend
- Will you enforce social distancing?
- Masks will be worn inside the building and we will follow all Dane County orders
- Will they get a swim lesson or open swim?
- No, we can not be responsible for children changing in and out of their swim suits
- Do you provide a snack?
- Yes, one snack will be provided
- Are the children required to wear a mask?
- What type of activities will my child get to do?
- Crafts and STEM, Music and Movement and Yoga
- Is there a discount for signing up weekly?
- There is no discount for multiple weeks
- Do you offer any homework help during this?
- There will be no homework help
Deming Open Family SWIM!
SwimWest Deming will be having our ever popular Open Family Swim once again! For us to keep our building occupancy at the level that Dane County requires, we are requiring that families sign up for the time that they will be joining us. Families will be able to use their swim passes, make ups, or purchase a family swim pass for the day of $15.00. Since space is limited, and we want to make sure everyone has a chance to use the pool, sign up will be available one week in advance. We ask that you only arrive 5 minutes before your Open Family Swim, please arrive ready to swim in your swim suits. After your Open Family Swim, pool deck rinse showers will be available and we will have designated spaces to do a quick change. On Saturday, you will only be able to reserve one 50 minute time frame per family.
Monday: 12:00 - 12:50 pm
Tuesday 7:45 - 8:35 pm
Wednesday 12:00 - 12:50pm
Thursday 12:00 - 12:50 pm
Friday 7:45 - 8:35 pm
Saturday 12:30- 1:20 pm
1:30 - 2:20 pm
West Madison Swim&Gym Fall Camp
$32 per morning or afternoon (add in a swim lesson for an addition $12.00)
We are excited to offer Swim & Gym Fall Camp 2020 from August 31st - October 30th, 2020 at our SwimWest Swim School Location (1001 Deming Way). With many area school districts doing virtual learning, our mission is to give children a safe space to play, be active, and unplug. Parents will be able to pick a combination of morning, lunch bunch, and afternoon sessions for the 5 or 9 week session that fits their schedule needs.
8:15-8:30 am Drop off at SwimWest
8:30-11:30 am Morning Camp Programming
11:30-11:45 am Pick up at SwimWest
Lunch Bunch: 11:30-12:30 - available for parents who need more time for pick up or for campers who are staying for the afternoon programming.
12:15-12:30 pm Drop off at SwimWest
12:30-3:30 pm Afternoon Camp Programming
3:30-3:45 pm Pick up at SwimWest
$32 per morning or afternoon programming each
$6 per Lunch Bunch session each
$12 per swim lesson (this is an add on to our programming)
What will Swim & Gym Fall Camp look like in comparison to Swim & Gym Summer Camp?
Just like our Summer Camp we are a state licensed daycare following all state and local regulations.
There will be limited spots available with a maximum of 36 campers in each session (15 or less campers in each group).
Sessions will be 5 or 9 weeks in duration from August 31st-October 30th, 2020. Billing will be monthly instead of weekly. Billing for the first 5 weeks will occur on September 11 and billing for the remaining 4 weeks of camp will occur on Oct 1st. If you do not want to attend camp in October, please let us know, and you will only be billed for September.
Parents will be able to pick a combination of morning, lunch bunch, and afternoon sessions for the 5 or 9 week session that fits their schedule needs.
Swim lessons will be an add on cost to the camp programming ($12 per lesson) and you may choose as many lessons per week as you wish. Swim lessons take place during the camp programming
We will have some of our same amazing team members leading groups who have been trained in our Summer Camp and undergone background checks.
At this time we are not able to offer Before or After Care.
We have the same great outdoor space to use at SwimWest Swim School (West Madison) including a sport court, gaga pit in addition to all of our sports equipment.
Our main program focus will be on keeping children active but will also include shorter periods of S.T.E.M. activities and crafts.
If you have already filled out paperwork for our Summer Camp this year, you will not need to fill it out again. You are able to update any information that may have changed such as authorized persons to pick up your child(ren).
Register online through the parent portal, search using the filter for sessions, SwimWest Fall Camp 2020. Be sure to select which days of the week and whether you wish to enroll in the morning or afternoon camp. To register for both, select both morning and afternoon as well as enroll for the Lunch Bunch. If you are interested in adding swim lessons to your camper’s enrollment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call SwimWest Swim School (608-831-6829) to register your child(ren) for SwimWest Fall Camp 2020. The first week’s tuition will be due upon registration.
If you wish to enroll for only October, registration will open on September 15th, 2020.
As always, we are extremely grateful for the tremendous support that we have received from our families. Thank you for your trust in our program and we cannot wait to see you in the Fall!
Be safe and well,
Swim & Gym Summer Camp
If you're a regular SwimWest family at our Deming location, chances are high you've seen Alyssa. She is an all star Swim Instructor, Customer Service Rep (helping with questions, phone calls, scheduling and more!) and a Counselor for Swim&Gym Camp. We are so lucky...