[av_heading tag=’h1′ padding=’10’ heading=’LIFEGUARD’ color=” style=’blockquote modern-quote modern-centered’ custom_font=” size=” subheading_active=’subheading_below’ subheading_size=’20’ custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=” av-desktop-hide=” av-medium-hide=” av-small-hide=” av-mini-hide=” av-medium-font-size-title=” av-small-font-size-title=” av-mini-font-size-title=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” margin=”]
[av_button label=’Apply for a Lifeguard Job’ link=’manually,https://www.swimwest.com/work-for-swimwest-swim-school/lifeguard/apply-for-a-lifeguard-job/’ link_target=” size=’large’ position=’center’ label_display=” icon_select=’yes’ icon=’ue82a’ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ av_uid=’av-jiuteuqn’ admin_preview_bg=”]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-jiusmrdz’ admin_preview_bg=”]
Core values: Safety, Service, Teamwork, Fun, Friendliness, Energy, Dedication
Mission Statement: The mission of SwimWest School of Instruction, Inc. is to teach families to love swimming and to become safer, more comfortable, and responsible in the water.
- Lifeguard must possess current American Red Cross Lifeguarding and CPR certifications
- Must be extremely friendly, outgoing, happy, and gracious at all times
- Must be willing and content to serve others
- Must have the ability to remain calm, personable, and professional while multitasking.
- Must work well with others: staff, customers, and guests
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Pre-employment testing of lifeguarding knowledge and skills will be conducted
- Observe and enforce all rules and policies.
- Prevent injury and minimize or eliminate hazardous situations.
- Recognize and respond quickly to all emergency situations.
- Administer emergency first aid to victims of any injury.
- Communicate with other lifeguards and aquatic staff the need for additional assistance and/or equipment.
- Check chemicals at times stated on chemical sheet.
- The pool must be vacuumed at least 3 times weekly.
- Attend all in-service training programs and be aware of all facility programs and scheduling.
- Educate the facility users and inform them of the purpose of and need for the rules.
- Assist parents or family members in locating missing children.
- Complete required records and reports on time.
- Enforce pool, locker room, and lobby rules, regulations and safety procedures.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of facility area free from dangerous debris, litter, and unnecessary equipment. Keep the staff room organized and clean.
- Carry out duties as assigned by the pool supervisor such as cleaning the deck, vacuuming the pool, or cleaning pool equipment.
- Must be ready and in the lifeguard chair at the start of the scheduled shift.
- Must be present on the pool deck at all times when patrons are in the pool.
- Must find your own sub when you cannot work a shift.
- Use the pool covers when you are not vacuuming the pool each night, take care not to rip them when putting on or off.
- Works well with others: team members
- Helps in training in new lifeguards to the American Red Cross and SwimWest standards
- Participates in SwimWest staff events, and become involved with special events SwimWest holds, swim meets, open houses and parades.
- Works closely with teachers and other lifeguards to make sure all employee schedules are accurate with no open shifts, in addition to helping out with subbing when needed.
- Must be able to maintain stationary position for 4-6 hours
- Must be able to move and transport up to 60 pounds.
[av_button label=’Apply for a Lifeguard’ link=’manually,https://www.swimwest.com/work-for-swimwest-swim-school/lifeguard/apply-for-a-lifeguard-job/’ link_target=” size=’large’ position=’center’ label_display=” icon_select=’yes’ icon=’ue82a’ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ av_uid=’av-jiutig2p’ admin_preview_bg=”]